Monday, April 26, 2010

Health problems

This year I’ve been dogged by various health problems, some old, some new.

My Capillaritis came back for no apparent reasons. The funny thing is, the marks are so even on both sides of my legs. But I don’t feel that worried anymore, because I know they well go away. And I just started taking zinc supplement because I read somewhere that if one does not consume a lot of meat and seafood, they lack zinc and as a result they may experience dry skin, eczema, acne etc. My skin in general is very dry, with the exception of my face. Even Eubos shower oil and baby oil don’t seem to have any effect on my fish scale skin. So let’s hope the zinc supplement helps.

The old pain on my lower back and right leg has not recovered fully, even though I can squat and do my yoga poses without any pain now. W recommended me to this chiropractor that uses the activator method, instead of the hi-tech computers and equipment that I was used to. This is relatively primitive. But somehow I was impressed by his diagnosis. Apparently it was my spine that caused my stomach to bloat, right leg to hurt, and occasional headache – to name a few. It’s amazing. And it’s not caused by yoga (aha!) but wrong sitting posture over the years – thanks to the computer. The treatment is really painless (almost) but after the first treatment, I couldn’t sleep at night because my body had reacted to the treatment and the pain was aggravated. Thankfully by the 3rd day the pain was gone and the 2nd treatment was painless. Just hope his treatment is as good as his diagnosis.

I’m tired of all these pains and discomforts, but I think we’ll have to accept the fact that we all age and we just have to bear with the unpleasant changes in our bodies. The only downside to this treatment – I’m forbidden to do any kind of stretching in order for his adjustments to stay – until I’m fully recovered. So I have stopped doing yoga completely and waiting eagerly to see the improvements and recovery, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment