Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fruit galore

Got some sour strawberries as door gift at a company function. They are just too sour to be eaten on their own. Made a chilled cheesecake with them and somehow the sourness made the cake more appetising.
I didn't realise strawberries have such a beautiful, natural redness - I didn't even have to put any colouring to get the beautiful pink colour.

And it's Thai mango season! Have been wanting to try making this mango mochi since my visit to HK. Oh boy I nearly gave up after making just 2 mochi balls. It's so tough! So sticky and I couldn't even roll them into a nice, smooth ball shape :(



However hubby tried one and fell in love with them, and encouraged me to make more. So, I took this as an opportunity to work on my patience and finished up the dough. And here you go... But I'm still not very satisfied with the appearance. No wonder the recipe called for dessicated coconut - to disguise the imperfections... And how come the commercially produced ones looks so much nicer?
And I bet this is not natural colouring. Though I must say they tasted good.

A new (good) beginning for a new month. Praying hard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment